Sunday 26 April 2015

Where it all started...

Then...

When I was 10 months old, I developed allergies towards fragrances, artificial colourants and preservatives.  Thirty years ago there was no Google to quickly find solutions to, what is in effect, a "simple" enough problem to solve.  Through trial and error my mom managed to control my skin allergies.  Taking care of my brother was a totally different ball game as he was essentially allergic to everything my mother ate and so she went on a starch and meat only diet.  Luckily, my brother seemed to tolerate eating foods when he started solids rather than consume them through breast milk.

Now...

Today, most websites also only cater for the areas outside South Africa and so finding products that we can use on our babies becomes a little more difficult.  That is why I have decided to start this blog as I research and find those products that work for me and my little one.  Allergies tend to run in families and I have already found that my LO has developed a sensitivity to certain baby products.  Please keep in mind, every baby is different and what works for one may not work for the other and vice versa and I am by NO MEANS offering any medical advice.  Please always consult your paediatrician first if in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment